CTOWN CrossFit-Downtown – CrossFit DTF
1: CrossFit Games Open 13.1 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
17-Minute AMRAP of:
40 Burpees to a 6″ target
30 Snatches, 75# / 45#
30 Burpees to a 6″ target
30 Snatches, 135# / 75#
20 Burpess to a 6″ target
30 Snatches, 165# / 100#
10 Burpees to a 6″ target
AMRAP Snatches 210# / 120#
2: Romanian Deadlift (4 x 8-10)
– Perform at least 2 warm-up sets, then 4 work sets of 8-10 reps with increasing weight on each set.
Tips (from Mark Rippetoe) to properly perform your RDL:
– Chest up, (barely) unlock knees to get tension off the hamstrings. Stiff knees would restrict the ROM.
– Lower bar down your thighs.
– To keep bar in contact with thighs, when going down, consciously use the lats to push the bar back.
– Hips,bar and knees go back. Only thing going forward are your shoulders.
– The bar never leaves contact with the legs.
– Remember, the lumbar spine must stay in perfect extensions.
– When you feel the back starting to unlock, that is your max depth.
– Go back up, rebounding off the bottom with use of the stretch reflex and remember to keep you lumbar spine completely locked.
And remember, depth is NOT the key here. As you do a couple of reps, your depth will increase bit by bit.